City of Lake Forest
NOTE: Residents are currently limited to one box per week.
In an effort to combat identity theft, Lake Forest Police Services offers a free confidential paper shredding program for Lake Forest residents. Drop-off bins are located at the Lake Forest City Hall Police Services counter (100 Civic Center Drive). Documents are placed into locked bins and are shredded by Saddleback Shredding Inc., a company bonded through the Western Surety Company.
- Participants must bring proof of Lake Forest residency (such as an utility bill) or identification with current mailing address.
- Participants may bring one storage box (approximately 10 inches Height, 15 inches Width, 24 inches Diamer) per week.
- Storage boxes should be filled with paper documents only. No CDs.
- Only documents listing personal information (e.g., Date of Birth, Social Security Number, and Account Information) are eligible for this free shredding program. No junk mail.
- Drop off hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Program is not available to businesses.